Our facial expressions communicate our feelings. The facial features, including the eyes, eyebrows, and forehead, play a major role in telling people how we’re feeling at any given time. For instance, a drooping brow can give the impression of a sadness, sleepiness, or confusion.
People often make errors in judging your emotions and expressions based on the way your eyebrows and forehead look. If the effects of the aging process are giving others a false impression of how you’re feeling, you can remedy this with a brow lift procedure, also known as a forehead lift.
The brow lift is a procedure that removes excess sagging skin from the forehead. This helps to restore definition and height to the eyebrows and smoothes out forehead wrinkles and folds. It rejuvenates and brightens the appearance of your face and gives you a more refreshed look. Your eyes will look brighter and more alert.
The endoscopic brow lift is a state-of-the-art brow lift method that may be right for you. For an endoscopic brow lift, anesthesia will first be administered. Several small incisions will be made by your plastic surgeon.
Your plastic surgeon will then readjust and reposition the muscles of the forehead and brow and remove excess fat and muscle tissue. After this, the skin is repositioned and secured in an elevated position.
This tissue-adjustment process is conducted using many precise instruments, including an endoscope. This instrument has a light and a small camera to give the surgeon greater visibility and accuracy. Once the process is complete, the incisions will be closed using medical sutures.
While there are other methods of brow lift such as the traditional brow lift, the endoscopic brow lift has several benefits in comparison to them. Some of the benefits of this method include the following:
• In the traditional brow lift, an ear-to-ear incision is required to perform the surgery. In the endoscopic brow lift, however, only a few short incisions are made in the scalp, hidden behind the hairline.
• Because the endoscopic brow lift is less invasive than the traditional method, the recovery period after the surgery is quicker. There are fewer side effects, and there is less blood loss because the incisions are short and small.
• The procedure time is much shorter than that of the traditional brow lift.
• Because the endoscope is attached to a monitor that shows a close-up view of the tissues of the forehead, the endoscopic brow lift allows the surgeon to make more accurate alterations to the facial muscles.
• The procedure results in a smoother forehead with fewer wrinkles around the eyes. The eyebrows become lifted and better defined.
Doctor Bivik Shah is a board-certified plastic surgeon with years of experience and numerous satisfied patients. He will be happy to help you learn more about the endoscopic brow lift during a consultation at our office. To schedule your consultation, contact us today.