Preparing For Surgery
You're having Plastic Surgery! Let's get you ready!
Having Plastic Surgery may be one of the most important decisions you make! You probably thought about whether you should have plastic surgery for months, where to have to have the best plastic surgery, who is the best plastic surgeon, and most of all – is it going to be all worth it in the end!
To make sure you have the best recovery after plastic surgery, let's go over all the things you should do before surgery.
- You just had surgery! Rest!
- Your body needs to heal and to heal, you need to rest. Try to plan adequate time off from work, see if you can find help for any childcare needs, and you will need someone to help you for several days
- Your body is trying to heal. It is trying to build itself up again. That's why it is so important that your body gets enough nutrition to heal. Eat lots of protein (about 100 gms/day), lots of calories – this is not the time to count calories or lose weight,
- The most important thing is to make you take all of your antibiotics
- Take your pain medication if you need it! You will not get addicted. Everyone at the Columbus Institute of Plastic will make sure that you don't get any more than you need!
Getting your home ready
- You probably will not be able to move around very easily so things you will need you should put things where you can get them easily. That means that put things you need to rest near the place you will be resting, make some food ahead of time so you don't have to cook for a few days, rent some movies, get your favorite magazines, and maybe even food to spoil yourself!
- If you have a multi-story home, then you may even want to set up the couch or lazy boy to sleep there for a day or two because the less you have to do, the less discomfort you will have
- put dishes and glasses on the counter-top so you don't have to reach high up.