Women can achieve elegant, glamorous, effortless beauty with our treatments.
Anti-Aging Skin Care Columbus
Six key steps to effective anti-aging skin care!
Learn about the most cost-effective way to improve your skin and defy aging with skin care.
Why choose the Columbus Institute of Plastic Surgery for your Medically Directed Skin Care?
At the Columbus Institute of Plastic Surgery, Dr. Shah and Dr. Centeno specialize in all aspects of surgical and non-surgical facial rejuvenation. Our goal is to deliver the most effective, greatest value, and safest treatments for our patients. We work with them to deliver the fantastic results that they are looking for. With access to all available treatments for facial rejuvenation, you can have confidence that our surgeons will provide information about the best treatments to get you where you want to be. From skin care to lasers, to chemical peels and surgery, we can provide the treatments that give you the best outcomes.
How can skin care products improve the appearance of my skin?
Has father time been unkind to the appearance of your skin? Have you wondered how you might be able to restore that youthful glow? Well look no further! Here are the 6 key steps to effective anti-aging skincare for clear, healthy skin.
If you are like most people, you may be confused by the variety of over the counter products being advertised. If you are in your 20’s and early 30’s with little damage then over the counter products in the classes listed below will work just well for you. If you are in your late 30’s and beyond, then medically directed prescription strength skin care will be needed to effectively correct the signs of aging that commonly affect skin.
Are you confused about all the skincare products being advertised?
No matter where you turn, it is hard not to be bombarded by advertisements promoting the “next big thing” in skin care. Miracle products that promise unbelievable results are now commonplace on TV with legitimate sounding endorsements and components. Unfortunately, most of these products fail to deliver on the marketing promises that are made. Because these over-the-counter (OTC) products are not regulated by the FDA, these outlandish claims can be made without any repercussions…buyer beware! The truth is that there are many good OTC products from reputable companies with active ingredients. Unfortunately, these ingredients are in very low doses to avoid the regulatory scrutiny of the FDA. These low doses result in only modest results. They are best used by younger patients with little sun damage or aging findings. Once you have significant damage, stronger products are needed. You will hear a lot about anti-oxidants from plants and the latest peptides…these products may work in a test tube, but few cause really meaningful improvement and may not be worth the expenditure.
How can Visia Complexion Analysis help me?
The Visia Complexion analysis system was originally developed by the personal products giant Procter & Gamble Inc. They did extensive research, collected a large database of subjects, then analyzed the features of skin aging and sun damage that most bother patients. This large amount of data combined with advanced software and imaging systems can identify the features of sun damage and aging that make your skin look unhealthy. It can detect pore size and number, wrinkles, redness, break outs , bacteria and brownspots and compare them to people of similar complexion and age. This gives you a good idea of how your skin is doing "on=average" and in comparison to others. It is also a good starting point to precisely measure how effective treatments such as medically directed skin care, peels, and lasers are in improving the appearance of your skin. It is a critical step that we take at the Columbus Institute of Plastic Surgery to ensure that you are getting results and value for your money. Come find out how Visia Complexion Analysis can get you on the path to healthier skin!
What are the six things that I can do to have more youthful skin?
- Prevention by avoiding sun, stress and smoking go a long way to prevent aging of the skin. These insults break down the stretchy Elastin fibers in the skin, damage your cellular DNA, and compromise your immune system. This leads to aged skin and a higher risk of skin cancer.
- Broad spectrum sunscreens with an SPF of 30 or more applied every 3-4 hours when in direct sun, hats and avoiding tanning beds will protect your skin from excessive UV damage and aging of the skin.
- Alpha-hydroxyl acids are fruit acids that effectively exfoliate the skin without scrubbing and increase moisture in the skin through glycol-protein production. Machines or mechanical scrubbing can be too harsh for the skin and cause irritation and breakouts.
- Clarifiers are gentle bleaching agents such as Kojic acid, Arbutase and Hydroquinone which help to clear up unwanted pigment and keep it from returning.
- Retinoids are Vitamin A derivatives such as over the counter Retinol and prescription strength Retin-A increase cell turnover and boosts collagen production. Additionally, it suppresses acne and is considered the most effective anti-aging skin care product.
- Anti-oxidants such as topical Vitamin C protects the skin against free radical production, boosts collagen production and gives the skin a healthy glow.
If you care about the appearance of your skin, these six simple steps can help you to keep your skin clear, healthy and youthful. Many of these steps can be combined to reduce the time you spend caring for your skin. Some companies even have products that combine one or more of these steps to be more efficient. If a medically directed skin program is started early enough, these proactive strategies are effective in reducing the visible signs of aging without having to resort to other more costly treatments such as lasers, injectables and neuromodulators, or skin tightening cosmetic surgical procedures.
For additional information about medically directed skin care, contact us at email@example.com