Women can achieve elegant, glamorous, effortless beauty with our treatments.
Meet Dr. Robert F. Centeno - Plastic Surgery
Dr. Robert F. Centeno is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. After completing the required training for that certification, he went on to do additional training in Aesthetic (Cosmetic) Plastic Surgery .
Dr. Centeno’s Education and Training
- Plastic Surgery residency was completed at the Barnes – Jewish Hospital –Washington University in St. Louis School of Medicine where he served as administrative chief resident
- Fellowship training in aesthetic plastic surgery – at the prestigious New York University – Manhattan Eye, Ear, Throat Hospital (MEETH)
- Practiced as a Fellow and Attending Physician at the prestigious Manhattan Eye, Ear & Throat Hospital-New York University School of Medicine, the nation’s busiest cosmetic surgery center.
- MCP Hahnemann School of Medicine, Drexel University – Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- During medical school he completed a Master’s Degree in Business Administration from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania
- General Surgery residency training at the Graduate – MCP Hahnemann University Hospital
- Dr. Centeno has authored more than 30 peer-reviewed medical articles and book chapters
- Has delivered over 65 presentations both nationally and internationally.
- Regularly serves as an invited faculty member at the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery’s (ASAPS) and American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) national meetings.
- Recognized leader in aesthetic body contouring surgery
- Served on the Post Bariatric Plastic Surgery Joint Task Force for the ASPS and ASAPS.
- Honored by ASAPS for the best Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Research Article in 2004
- Editorial positions including Editor of the Cosmetic Surgery Section of the ePlasty Journal of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, and Reviewer for the Aesthetic Surgery Journal & the Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Journal.
- Has served as consulting plastic surgeon to cosmetic and laser companies such as Allergan, Medicis, Ethicon-Johnson & Johnson, Aesthetic Research Technologies, Cook Biotech, and Sciton.
Volunteer, Charity, and Community Service Work
- Dr. Robert F. Centeno has been recognized for his community service and leadership for his work on the St. Croix Community Development Foundation, the U.S. Virgin Islands Board of Medical Examiners, and the U.S. Virgin Islands Health Information Exchange Board.
- Served as Chief Medical Officer and Vice President for Medical Affairs at the Governor Juan F. Luis Medical Center on St. Croix, U.S.V.I
- Recognized as the U.S.V.I. Small Business Person of the Year by the U.S. Small Business Administration and received a Certificate of Congressional Recognition in 2011 for outstanding contribution to the Virgin Islands community.
Dr. Centeno moved his practice to Columbus, Ohio in 2015. He sees patients from all over central Ohio, including Cleveland, Cincinnati, Dayton, Lima, and Toledo. While practicing in the Northern Virginia-Washington DC Metropolitan area, Dr Centeno quickly established himself as a leader in the NOVA medical community. He was elected to the Medical Society of Northern Virginia’s Board of Directors and Chair of the Health Information Exchange Committee. This committee’s effort is one of the few medical society sponsored HIE projects in the country. Its goal is to improve patient care in Northern Virginia and beyond by integrating disparate health information consumers and producers.
From a patient care standpoint, Dr. Centeno is a staunch advocate of patient education and advocacy. He is an active member of the RealSelf.com aesthetic medicine social media community. Founded in 2006, Real Self is an international gathering place for patients interested in learning more about specific aesthetic procedures. Dr. Centeno was recognized in 2013 and 2014 for his contributions to this on-line community by being named to the Real Self 100 List, the most socially influential physicians in the community. Selected from over 8,000 doctors, the top 2% of physicians were identified by patients across the country for the value of their educational efforts.