Women can achieve elegant, glamorous, effortless beauty with our treatments.
Laser Skin Resurfacing Columbus
Laser resurfacing can effectively make your skin more youthful!
Lasers and light based therapies for more youthful skin.
Why choose a Cosmetic Plastic Surgeon for your laser resurfacing treatments?
Cosmetic Plastic Surgeons have highly specialized training in all aspects of facial and body skin rejuvenation. We specialize in medical-grade skin care, non-ablative/no-downtime treatments, chemical peels, lasers, injectables and surgical treatments used to improve the appearance of the skin. Because we have the broadest and most specialized training, we can offer the treatment that is best for you, not just what is convenient for us. It is important to remember that technology is only as good as the person behind the wand! Choose a board certified Plastic Surgeon like Dr Shah or Dr Centeno to ensure your safety and saftisfaction with your care.
How can a Sciton Micro Laser Peel improve your skin?
What is a Sciton micro laser peel?
- micro laser peel is and easy and effective way to improve the texture and appearance of your skin
- great results with minimal down-time
- mostly used on the face, but can also be used on the neck, chest and hands
How does a Sciton micro laser peel work?
- the procedure precisely removes a very thin layer of damaged skin cells
- it improves texture and appearance by replacing the damaged cells with fresh, healthy skin cells
- usually 1 to 3 treatments are recommended, but it can be repeated as often as desired
- the precision of the device allows you to plan and control the amount of downtime you want
- delivers healthier looking skin with fewer fine lines, spots, and more even tone
What kinds of skin damage can it improve and where does it work?
- micro laser peel is very effective for treating mild wrinkles , fine scars, age spots, sun damage and sun spots
- it can safely and comfortably be used on the face, neck, declotte, hands and arms
What is a micro laser peel treatment like?
- your skin is cleaned with a gentle cleanser
- for light peels, the treatment is quite comfortable even without any pain medicines
- for medium light peels, a chiller blowing cold air is used to keep you comfortable
- for deeper peels, topical numbing cream is used to keep you comfortable
How fast can I get back to work?
- patients drive themselves to the office and home as no pain medications are needed
- depending on the depth of peel chosen, most patients can return to work in 3-4 days
- mild redness and the feeling of tightness is what patients typically describe
- mild after care products and sunscreen are typically recommended
What are the results like?
- fresher, more youthful skin
- fewer fine lines and improved texture
- less sun or age spots and more even skin tone
Will Pro Fractional Laser Resurfacing give me better results with less down-time?
What is Pro Fractional Laser Resurfacing?
- quick, comfortable, low down-time laser treatment
- improves wrinkles, acne scars, traumatic scars, sun damage
- laser treats a fraction of your skin more deeply to give you better results with faster healing
How does Pro Fractional work?
- small laser beams treat thousands of small areas of the skin at once
- normal skin is left between the treated areas to speed up the healing response
- new collagen production is stimulated at treatment levels to firm up skin, smooth wrinkles and deeper or raised scars
What is a Pro Fractional treatment like?
- face, neck, chest, décolleté, hands and body can be safely treated
- one to six treatments recommended depending on condition
- skin is cleansed, eyes protected and skin treated with laser for about 15-30 minutes
- treatment areas are numbed with topical anesthetic or local anesthetic injections
Am I going to be happy with the results of my Pro Fractional treatment?
- patients experience mild redness, tightness, and a sunburn feeling immediately after treatment
- light peeling and mild swelling resolves within a couple of days
- analgesics like tylenol or motrin and skin care products are used to ensure a comfortable and safe healing experience
- make-up can be used within 2-3 days and patients usually return to work in 3-7 days after treatment
- results are visible immediately, but final and best outcome is seen after 3-6 months…the time it takes for new collagen production and remodelling.
Can an erbium Laser Peel give me even better results?
What is an erbium Laser Peel?
- an erbium Laser Peel gives you unparalleled wrinkle reduction, texture and skin tone improvement
- treats moderately to severely age and sun damaged skin
- excellent for improving problem areas like the lines around the eyes and mouth
- safe, effective and precise device with the highest specificity for treating skin
How does an erbium Laser Peel work?
- erbium Laser Peels precisely remove a layer of damaged skin to the exact depth determined by your Plastic Surgeon
- depth of treatment depends on your condition, skin type and the down time that you have to recover
- it stimulates new collagen formation to improve the smoothness, texture and resilience of your skin
- fresh, healthy new skin cells regrow in the treatment area to give you more youthful, healthy skin
- deep wrinkles, scars, sun spots, age spots, growths, and poor skin texture and tone can be treated.
What can I expect from the erbium Laser Peel?
- the face and neck are the most commonly treated areas
- usually only one treatment is needed
- skin is cleansed and your eyes protected
- topical or local anesthetic is used to keep you comfortable depending on the depth chosen
- treatment takes 15-30 minutes and you typically are red, sun-burned feeling, and may have slight swelling
How much down-time do I need to get an erbium Laser Peel?
- patients typically use tylenol or motrin for comfort
- any swelling typically resolves in a couple of days
- most patients are ready to go back to work in 5-10 days depending on the depth chosen
- skincare products, sun avoidance and sunscreen is recommended after treatment
What kind of results will an erbium Laser Peel give me?
- superficial and deep wrinkle reduction
- fewer sun and age spots
- more even texture and tone of skin
- smoother more youthful skin
Are there other alternatives to Micro Laser Peel or erbium Laser Peels?
- Chemical Peels and Phenol Peels are two other options that you may want to consider
- Medical-grade skin care is very effective in improving the signs of aging and sun damage before and after any laser peel
- Microneedling is very effective for improving acne scars and large pores
- SkinTyte is useful for tigtening and toning the skin once the texture has been improved
- BBL or broad band light is a great treatment to use in combination with a laser peel or after a laser peel to keep brown and red spots away
For more information about the Sciton Micro Laser Peel, Pro Fractional or erbium Laser Peel contact us at email@example.com