Kybella treatments can get rid of your double chin without surgery!
If your double chin bothers you, consider Kybella injection treatments to get rid of it without surgery.
Why chose us for your Kybella Treatments?
Dr Shah is one of the most highly trained board certified Plastic Surgeons in the area. Years of training and clinical expertise gives him a higher level of knowledge regarding surgical and nonsurgical treatments of the face and neck. This advanced knowledge of facial anatomy is brought to bear on every facial treatment delivered at the Columbus institute of Plastic Surgery. We leverage superior experience and training to deliver superior results. When it comes to your face, it is not prudent to gamble your outcomes with less experienced our trained practitioners.
Is Kybella for me?
Are you bothered by your double chin our turkey neck? Have you thought about doing something about it, but were concerned about the recovery associated with surgery? Well, there is now a non-surgical treatment to treat moderate to severe double chins due to excess fat. In a recent study, patients ranked their double chin as the second most important cosmetic concern after lines around the eyes associated with aging, genetics or weight gain. Traditionally, this problem is treated with liposuction or surgery. Today we have a new option since the FDA approved the first and only injectable treatment for the double chin.
What is Kybella?
- Kybella is the first and only FDA approved imjectable treatment for moderate to severe submental (under-the-chin) fat
- Composed of a medication called deoxycholic acid, which is a naturally occurring substance found in the body.
- If you have unwanted fat in the double chin area, the medication is injected below the skin to reduce the fat in that area permanently.
How does Kybella work?
- Kybella (deoxycholic acid) is injected under the skin
- The medication destroys the fat cells and releases their contents
- Excess fat that is released from the cells is absorbed into the lymphatic system, processed in the liver and removed from the body in the gastro-intestinal system
- As the fat cells are destroyed, the size of the fat deposit decreases and the inflammation of the tissues causes some but not complete skin contraction depending on the severity of laxity.
- The area under the chin usually needs to be treated several times until good contour correction is achieved.
What are the side effects of Kybella?
The most common side effects of Kybella include injection site, redness, swelling, hardness, bruising, and numbness. These side effects resolve in days to weeks depending on severity. In some cases, some patients have experienced temporary difficulty swallowing and nerve injury causing difficulty smiling due to injection close to important structures in the neck.
How long does Kybella's results last?
The results of Kybella are permanent as long as you maintain your weight through diet and exercise. Kybella permanently destroys some of the fat cells in the problem area, so they are no longer available to accumulate fat.
How many Kybella treatments are necessary to see a good result?
Of the thousands of patients treated worldwide, on average two to four treatments one month apart are required to get good contour correction of the double chin area. Some patients required up to six treatments. Final results are seen a fewe months after initiating treatment.
What other treatments should I consider if I am thinking about Kybella treatments for a double chin?
For additional information on Kybella treatments, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org